Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The logical answer would be come back to the country.

Your university can't cancel your visa, it has to be done by immigration. Unless things are different with student visas they usually give you 28 days to respond to an impending cancellation if that's the case then by the time they cancel your visa will be pretty much expired making the point moot, assuming they move to cancel at all with an 820 in progress - they didn't cancel my 457 despite being unemployed for 9 months.

If your visa is cancelled so it your BVA. You've dug yourself quite a hole listening to the advice of DHA.

***note I am unsure and these are more educated thoughts as opposed to correct advice - get yourself a MARA agent***

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
"If you complete the course for which your visa was granted earlier than the end date on the Confirmation of Enrolment, your enrolment will end. You are expected to make arrangements to depart Australia or apply for a new visa. If you have complied with your visa conditions while studying, your visa would not be considered for cancellation (or breaching condition 8202) within three months of completing your course. "

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/stud/more/completing-course-early

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
DHA over the phone will tell you the sky is green if it suits them on that very day.

Never ever trust anything they say. Either check the relevant legislative tools/legislation or employ a MARA registered migration agent to do it for you.

You know the exact question you need answering so a quick consult with an agent will have a minimal cost to get an action plan based on your exact circumstances.

Had you been onshore I'd be positive they wouldn't cancel the visa, being offshore may change that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.