Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My student visa will be expired on 30 August 2018. and I just got a letter from my school that I got UNSATISFACTORY ACADEMIC PROGRESS and they will report to the Department of Home Affairs. I just submitted a partner visa application.
I got advice that if my student visa is cancelled, my bridging visa will be cancelled too. However, I am thinking about apply for volunteer cancel my student visa and apply for bridging visa E so I don't need to deal with my school anymore. Can anyone give me an advice if it is a good idea?
Thank you very much

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I think you would be very foolish to volunteer to cancel your Student Visa if that expires naturally in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you would be very foolish to volunteer to cancel your Student Visa if that expires naturally in 6 weeks.
I just afraid that they cancel my visa before my student visa expires. That would be trouble.I really don't know what to do now

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
If my understanding is correct!

A process needs to be followed.

* You can reply to the school and ask for a detailed explanation of your progress (only as it might delay them notifying DoHA if they have not yet)

* They need to notify DoHA that they have cancelled your CoE (or whatever it is called)

* DoHA then need to contact you and ask for a reply - to ask to why they should not cancel your visa - they give you 28 days to reply.

DOHA will be aware of your Partner Visa and Bridging Visa and the expiry of the Student Visa and your option to apply for a Bridging Visa if they cancel your Student Visa - they have a history of just letting people go onto the Bridging Visa.

But mostly I don't think that it could all happen in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just afraid that they cancel my visa before my student visa expires. That would be trouble.I really don't know what to do now
Hey, hope everithyng went well for you! i'm in a similar situation , how did you go with your visa and school?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.