Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My student visa is ending Next Week. I am planning on heading home but I've recently had a baby and I am waiting on his passport to come back. I'm told there is an 8 week wait for this. So we will have about 5-6 weeks to wait for it to come back.
I'm wondering can I apply for bridging visa E while I'm waiting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.
Im not an Australian citizen. I'm Irish so need to apply for an Irish passport for baby and it going to take 8 weeks to process.
So you still think it's OK to apply for bridging visa E. I am planning on leaving and heading home but obviously I can't until I have babys passport.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
AFAIK, yours is one of those situations where a BVE is the correct visa to apply for and as Westly has suggested, you'd need to request priority processing due to the fact that your student visa is expiring so soon.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Have you gone to the local embassy/consulate? My partner lost his passport in the US and was able to go to the Australian Embassy in the US, paid a fee, and got a passport issued within 24 hours. If he had to leave that day, thry told him that they could issue him a paper one for a one way trip out of the US and could get another passport issued back in Australia.

Surely there would be a similar option in your case. Though it may involve a bit of effort or travel on your part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.