Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
:confused:
I am a bit lost at the moment and tried for ages to get enough information through official sites etc. but couldn`t figure it out as of yet.
I hope someone can help me here.

I have been to australia on the working holiday visa for two years now.
This visa is up now but about a year ago i met my partner.
We cant go on a defacto visa because he was married to an englisch girl in 2012 and as i understand it, he`ll have to wait five years before being able to sponsor anyone again.
It didnt really bother me in the beginning because I wanted to get a visa myself anyway. For I am a speech therapist in Germany, i was hoping to be able to get a skilled migration Visa for Australia.
I passed the OET with the required results and got all my paperwork translated and verified.
BUT...
to get the accreditation of the" speech pathology association of Australia"
I will have to have a portfolio (in english - so I can`t do it back home) and therefore I need to have an internship or volunteer position with a speech pathologist.
What kind of visa would I need for an unpaid internship?

and/or would it be of more use to go for a study-visa (I would like to further my qualifications anyway) and is it allowed to do an internship on this visa while i am attending courses aswell?
And can I still apply for a skilled migration visa as soon as I get the accreditation?

Financially I`d be able to support myself from savings and wouldnt even need his support.

Because of my partner it became quite an urgency for me to be able to be in australia and as I am 30yrs of age , this is a serious relationship for me.
I dont know if anyone was in the same/similar situation and could give me some advice but I hope to find some help here.

Thanks in advance!
Ange

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Speech Pathology Australia is the national peak body for the speech pathology profession in Australia
Home

They may be able to help you with finding a volunteer position etc... or at least maybe provide a list of speech pathologist's in your area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speech Pathology Australia is the national peak body for the speech pathology profession in Australia

They may be able to help you with finding a volunteer position etc... or at least maybe provide a list of speech pathologist's in your area.
Thanks, I know i`ve been in contact with them. But i need to know what kind of visa i will need for an unpaid internship for my whv is up and I am pretty sure its not allowed to do this on a tourist visa.
Do you have any experience with internship- visa requirements by any chance?
thanks
ange

·
Registered
6,244 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Trillian is correct, the Visa subclass 402 would be your best bet. There are several companies that can arrange that visa for you once you have found an company that can give you an internship. The Occupational Trainee stream of that visa is designed for people like you. You are already skilled but you need to upgrade those skills to work in Australia. I can provide you with names of companies that can sponsor you and arrange the visa if you have an "employer".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.