Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. I am currently confused with my student visa situation. I am on student visa which expires on 25 Jul, the course ends on 25 May.However, I would not be able to finish all the subjects by May 25 which I will have to do another trimester and that trimester starts on 20 Jun. Also, my 820 bridging visa will active after 25 July. I have talked to the uni, they asked me to extend my COE. The question is I don’t have enough money to finish all the subject s in that trimester. I just wonder if I can just continue to study without extending my COE since I am not extending the student visa?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello, everyone. I am currently confused with my student visa situation. I am on student visa which expires on 25 Jul, the course ends on 25 May.However, I would not be able to finish all the subjects by May 25 which I will have to do another trimester and that trimester starts on 20 Jun. Also, my 820 bridging visa will active after 25 July. I have talked to the uni, they asked me to extend my COE. The question is I don't have enough money to finish all the subject s in that trimester. I just wonder if I can just continue to study without extending my COE since I am not extending the student visa?
From my understanding, you don't have to extend your student visa. Once your bridging visa is in effect you will have full study rights which allow you to continue study. But you will need to have an updated COE from uni because you need an enrolment with uni.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, everyone. I am currently confused with my student visa situation. I am on student visa which expires on 25 Jul, the course ends on 25 May.However, I would not be able to finish all the subjects by May 25 which I will have to do another trimester and that trimester starts on 20 Jun. Also, my 820 bridging visa will active after 25 July. I have talked to the uni, they asked me to extend my COE. The question is I don't have enough money to finish all the subject s in that trimester. I just wonder if I can just continue to study without extending my COE since I am not extending the student visa?
From my understanding, you don't have to extend your student visa. Once your bridging visa is in effect you will have full study rights which allow you to continue study. But you will need to have an updated COE from uni because you need an enrolment with uni.
Thank you so much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.