Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there,

Me and my australian partner will be applying for our partner visa. I just wanted some advice on when to apply. I am currently on a student visa, and it expires in April 2019. Do I apply for it now? Or is it best to wait until your current visa is over, and be granted a bridging visa?
I would ideally like to get the ball rolling now.
Any advice is great.
Also, would you recommend using an immigration lawyer to apply, or is it easily done on your own?

Thanks for the advice in advance!! :)

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
If you meet the requirements to apply for a partner visa now, then you may as well do it now. Wait times only seem to get longer as time goes on and you want to get into the pipeline as soon as you can.

That being said, even if you apply now the BVA won't go into effect until your student visa expires, an until then you're bound by it's restrictions and requirements. Student visa gets cancelled, so does the BVA.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Don't wait until your current visa is over, then try get a Bridging Visa. That will be very bad.

You need to apply for a visa before your current visa expires, if you can apply now for a Partner Visa then that would be good.

Obviously you have a bit of time, so do some homework and see if you can put forward a good valid application. A bit of work in this area and you will get a good idea of if you need a Registered Migration Agent or not. The Registered Migration Agents can supply varied services from whole application to review of application and even bits in-between.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.