Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My partner are wanting to apply for the partner Visa. She is currently on a student visa. We have already registered our relationship. But just needing some more information on the process (going from student to partner visa). Is there anyway to keep her visa active so she can keep working in Australia whilst we apply for the partner visa? Any information provided would be very much appreciated. - Tim

·
Registered
814 Posts
You didn't mention when her student visa is expiring.

Once you lodge partner visa application her student visa will remain active until it expires, after which she will be on BVA with full work rights until a decision is made on the partner visa.

Note that student visa terms have to be adhered to (e.g. continuing course and being in good standing with school/college) until the end. If you cancel the student visa the BVA will also be cancelled and she will become unlawful. Obviously try to avoid this at all costs, as it will throw a spanner in your partner visa application.

I realise this is more info than you asked for but just thought I'd mention it anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Make sure you apply for the partner visa before her current visa expires or you will be in all sorts of strife. There is no guarantee she will be granted another student, or a tourist, visa, so it is best to apply while she is still on a substantive visa.

Reactions: tijanaoc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the response. Definately clarified a few concerns. She has 1 year left on her student visa. So planning on transitioning to partner visa soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.