Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

This is a related issue, about my friend's student visa application.

He has lived in Australia for two years on two student visas. Now he is applying for another one, and the course is a sport course with no award...it is a surfing course.

Do you think he has a high chance of being rejected the visa, because of his previous visas and because of the course he is applying for?

Also he is from Brazil which has been highlighted by the government thinks as a place they keep an eye on.

So - if he gets rejected for this visa, will this affect a partner visa...I think Wanderer you said it is not likely but I am just wondering given all of the above information.

I would appreciate any comments, thanks so much!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hello

This is a related issue, about my friend's student visa application.

He has lived in Australia for two years on two student visas. Now he is applying for another one, and the course is a sport course with no award...it is a surfing course.

Do you think he has a high chance of being rejected the visa, because of his previous visas and because of the course he is applying for?

Also he is from Brazil which has been highlighted by the government thinks as a place they keep an eye on.

So - if he gets rejected for this visa, will this affect a partner visa...I think Wanderer you said it is not likely but I am just wondering given all of the above information.

I would appreciate any comments, thanks so much!
There is never any great certainty on what may happen with Immi in some cases but if he has abided by his previous student visas and has not had them recinded for lack of study or overstayed, anything like that, then I would be surprised if Immi would reject a further valid visa application.

And by valid, is surfing actually an approved course?

If it is an approved course, Immi would need a good specific reason to reject a visa application and if there was a reason like he is mistaken for a member of a Columbian drug cartel [ just musing ] that would obviously always be on record until esponged.

Just from threads on the forum, there are people from varied countries being partners with Australians and there has even been a Brazillian mentioned in at least one other thread and whilst it may be considered a high risk country in some respects, Immi are not discriminating against Brazillians as far as I know.

Queensland government is currently forging closer trade ties it would seem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes surfing is an approved course.

He had his first student visa renewed and then he enrolled in another course and then he was on a tourist visa.

So it will probably be ok.

If it was denied, and we wanted to apply for the PMV that would be ok wouldn't it? We would just say - it was denied due to the fact that he had had previous student visas or something...

thanks wanderer...he is a professional person from Brazil...yes it is funny what people think. HIs advice over there was it should be ok.

I am praying and hoping for the best.
what do you think about the PMV? would it be jeopardised?

thanks so much!

There is never any great certainty on what may happen with Immi in some cases but if he has abided by his previous student visas and has not had them recinded for lack of study or overstayed, anything like that, then I would be surprised if Immi would reject a further valid visa application.

And by valid, is surfing actually an approved course?

If it is an approved course, Immi would need a good specific reason to reject a visa application and if there was a reason like he is mistaken for a member of a Columbian drug cartel [ just musing ] that would obviously always be on record until esponged.

Just from threads on the forum, there are people from varied countries being partners with Australians and there has even been a Brazillian mentioned in at least one other thread and whilst it may be considered a high risk country in some respects, Immi are not discriminating against Brazillians as far as I know.

Queensland government is currently forging closer trade ties it would seem.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
As I said, they would need a specific reason to reject his surfing intent and unless it was because of criminal activity, fraudulent attempt with another visa etc., shouldn't be a flow on to a PMV.

Just stop worrying on it so much I'd reckon is your best approach.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are probably right! haha.

Thanks.

As I said, they would need a specific reason to reject his surfing intent and unless it was because of criminal activity, fraudulent attempt with another visa etc., shouldn't be a flow on to a PMV.

Just stop worrying on it so much I'd reckon is your best approach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.