Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My query is regarding Australian student visa.
I am an Indian passport holder living in America for 5 years now. I maintain both Indian and American bank accounts. I am applying for the Australian Student visa and as such need to provide proof of financial statements to support my stay and study in Australia for 12 months.
Do I have to show the funds in my Indian Bank account or can I show proof of funds in my american bank account?

Any answers will be very helpful

Thanks,
stegs11

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Why not use both?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thank you for responding. It will be difficult transferring money from India to America. I want to avoid those hurdles for my parents, thus my question if its sufficient to show money only from my parents bank account.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,
Thank you for responding. It will be difficult transferring money from India to America. I want to avoid those hurdles for my parents, thus my question if its sufficient to show money only from my parents bank account.

Thanks
What is important is that you show that you have access to sufficient funds no matter where they are held, as long as it is an acceptable source of funding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What is important is that you show that you have access to sufficient funds no matter where they are held, as long as it is an acceptable source of funding.
Thanks for responding.
I have another question. Should I be showing any work offer letters - part time work during my visa application - to prove that I will work part time while studying my course?
For criminal record verification - which country's certificate is sufficient to meet the requirement? Country of residence or country of passport.
For eg - I have resided in USA for 5 years till now whereas I lived in India for 20 years before I arrived in USA. Will I need to get a police certificate from India too?

Thanks,
Stegs11

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
You should have sufficient funds regardless of any employment options in Australia. That ( potential) income can lnot be taken into account, so it is not really relevant to the application.

If police checks are required, they are normally required for all countries where you have spent a total of 12 months during the past 10 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.