Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all !

Im hoping to migrate to Australia in the future and plan to study to gain experience and open doors. I have a range of interests from cars and planes to beauty and hairdressing (weird huh?)

Ive been looking at courses, with emphasis on regional campuses for the extra 5 points and I prefer to not live in cities. I have found a few courses relating to those mentioned above in these qualifications

Certificate 3
Certificate 4
Diploma

I know I need 92 weeks, I can get that from doing a 92 week course or 2 courses each lasting 46 weeks. My question is, does a certificate 3 count towards the 2 year study requirement?

Thank you so much for the help.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am not sure of what you are asking.

But, none are likely to lead to a visa to remain afterwards - in order to gain a pr visa, you would also need to have a number of years experience post qualification in order to pass the skills assessment.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
My question is, does a certificate 3 count towards the 2 year study requirement?
In summary:
Only if it is a trade qualification, taken into account by a skills assessing body, or it is a prerequisite for a relevant, completed diploma (or higher) course of study.

You are in a minefield. May I suggest that you take advice from a registered migration agent, not an 'education' agent, or a course provider?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.