Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am an international student applying for a Masters degree in the University of Melbourne for late July Intake. Because I study in the UK, my current degree certificate won't be ready until late June and it will take around 10 days for the University of Melborune to issue a Confimation of Enrolment and the course starts around 21-24 July. I have already contacted all parties involved and it is confirmed that I can't get my results earlier and neither can I start my course late.

So in a sense, I will have around 1.5 weeks to get my student visa before my study starts, which looks unrealistic.

However, I was thinking that I could:
1) get a Visitor Visa beforehand from abroad
2) apply for a Student Visa from abroad (because 8503 condition won't let me do it from Australia)
3) Fly in a week before the start of the studies
4) Study for a less than 3 months time while waiting for my Student visa to be finalised
5) Completely switch to Student Visa

I couldn't find any information about why it wouldn't be possible, please let me know if I am missing any big points here. Also, if you could find any other ways out of this siutuation (and I am pretty desperate about starting in July), please let me know.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Best regards,

Sergey

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I am not sure but certainly looks fine - Just check that it is a place authorised to study on a Visitors Visa, I remember our kids school mentioned that they needed to register or something. Our PMV was granted so we did need to go that path.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Sorry that's all I know, I only spoke with the kids school. Our plan was the 3 months Visitor Visa study rights for start of school year, but our other visa was approved before we needed that option.

I would ask the uni if it is OK and explain your plan to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.