Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, me and my wife applied for a 461 on 15 April 2015, was expecting an answer around three months (which would be now) but just rang TTS and they said they have only just started processing January!!! Told it could take 6 months OR LONGER! :eek:
Would appreciate other peoples experiences and wait times on getting this visa
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, NZ couple here, we applied 28 Jan 2015 for 461, and got told 3 months, we have not heard anything, expecting this week sometime. Will let you know when. Would be good to hear from others applied same time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ipham,
thanks for posting.
Just wondering if the 461 is for a "low risk" or "high risk" country?
And also, when you log-in to the TTS visa tracking, does it now show the application as processing?
I cant believe you haven't heard anything!! That's terrible! I was under the impression (from other cases I read about) that they let you know when you were out of the que, and a case officer was assigned.
Look forward to your response
ohkay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, high risk class, my husband and son are kiwi though. I phoned yesterday, they said 461 is delayed and the website tracker isn't working for 461.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's terrible!
Im high risk too. My wife is kiwi, but Im from Brazil.
you could ring TTS again and just ask them to confirm your application is actually out of the que and being processed, so you have peace of mind.
They did tell us last week that they were up to January....but sounds like they are seriously back-logged. Considering its meant to be a maximum of 6 months, hopefully you will hear before the end of the month.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, Not yet, we sent all our forms requested in about a month ago to CO but they said another 6 months processing time
You poor things! That's pretty freaky. Another 6 months?? haven't heard of that before :confused:
Can I ask what it was that you hadnt provided in the original application you submitted in January?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in case anybody stumbles upon this forum and is also waiting for a 461 visa...we found out today that they are currently processing early Febuary 2015 applications...., that would mean that the processing time is now at least 7 MONTHS rather than the 3-6 they tell you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in case anybody stumbles upon this forum and is also waiting for a 461 visa...we found out today that they are currently processing early Febuary 2015 applications...., that would mean that the processing time is now at least 7 MONTHS rather than the 3-6 they tell you.
Hi ohkay

Have you got your visa?
My one submitted in May still waiting for CO contact me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi ohkay

Have you got your visa?
My one submitted in May still waiting for CO contact me.
Hey Daisyblue,
Yours definitely wont be far away. (Ours was submitted 14 April.)
We got a case officer 2 days off 6 months (12 October) and they required a medical and a xray...which we managed to get off to them within the week. Then yesterday we got an email saying the visa had been granted!!
Yahooo. Tickets are booked :)
Im sure you will hear soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Daisyblue,
Yours definitely wont be far away. (Ours was submitted 14 April.)
We got a case officer 2 days off 6 months (12 October) and they required a medical and a xray...which we managed to get off to them within the week. Then yesterday we got an email saying the visa had been granted!!
Yahooo. Tickets are booked :)
Im sure you will hear soon.
Hi ohkay,

I'm very happy with you and that's very good news for me to hear that application in April have been granted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still waiting for 461

I submitted my 461 low risk in Auckland on June 9th 2015. Haven't heard a peep from anyone. All I get is, 'it's in the que' from tts and won't give me a clue as to how long the que is. I'm currently in Oz after applying in Auckland, due to the backlog we decided to just come anyway, I'm on a visitors visa and waiting for the 461 to be processed. I've got until 6th of February on this visa so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I submitted my 461 in Auckland on Sept 7th 2015. Even after 6 months since I applied, I have not heard anything from immigration.
I was wondering if somebody has got their visa who have applied around this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Have you got your 461 so far?

I lodged application at Auckland office end of Jan 2016. Heard nothing yet.
Wondering if anyone same situation as me and applied similar time.

How long are we going to wait?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Have you got your 461 so far?

I lodged application at Auckland office end of Jan 2016. Heard nothing yet.
Wondering if anyone same situation as me and applied similar time.

How long are we going to wait?
Hi JennyC,
It's nearly 7months now since I lodged my application and still hasn't heard anything. Not sure how long the queue is.
It's hard to say how much is the wait time as TTS doesn't really know anything about the processing time or how long the queue is.

We will just need to wait and see.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I submitted my 461 low risk in Auckland on June 9th 2015. Haven't heard a peep from anyone. All I get is, 'it's in the que' from tts and won't give me a clue as to how long the que is. I'm currently in Oz after applying in Auckland, due to the backlog we decided to just come anyway, I'm on a visitors visa and waiting for the 461 to be processed. I've got until 6th of February on this visa so fingers crossed.
Hi Danfearnley21,
Just wondering if you have got your 461 visa yet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi JennyC,
It's nearly 7months now since I lodged my application and still hasn't heard anything. Not sure how long the queue is.
It's hard to say how much is the wait time as TTS doesn't really know anything about the processing time or how long the queue is.

We will just need to wait and see.....
Hi Dave, thank you for your reply. I think your one should be very soon. 7 months is really long time. Keep update here please how is going. Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone

My wife applied for 461 visa and it was lodged in Auckland end of January this year.

We haven't even heard anything from anyone for about 5 months so I emailed TT services (the company were my wife lodged the application)) and asked about the waiting time for this visa.

One of the support member from the company told me that they were told that they (case officers for the visa process) are in the middle of processing visas applied in October 2015, and I got this email from them saying this about 3 days ago........ I know,, bad news.

Hopefully the number of Visa applicants are not too many for the month of December and January so hopefully we don't need to wait too long.

My guess is it might take another 2 months for us to maybe hear from case officer maybe? just my guess..

It was a slight relief to know there are others who are also waiting for the same visa to be processed who also applied it at the same time as my wife's visa.

** By the way, what happens if my wife go to AUS with visitor visa while the 461 visa is being "qued"? could anybody please let me know if you have done this and if does is cause any harm to the processing of 461 visa?

Thanks

Fingers crossed for us!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, me and my wife applied for a 461 on 15 April 2015, was expecting an answer around three months (which would be now) but just rang TTS and they said they have only just started processing January!!! Told it could take 6 months OR LONGER! :eek:
Would appreciate other peoples experiences and wait times on getting this visa
Thanks
Hi,

Applied for this 461 visa on March 2nd,2016 (High risk country). Assigned a CO on 21st April and asked for additional information. Completed medicals on 18th May. On June 7th,2016,CO advises me that medicals have been cleared and that the application will be finalized soon. Will update as soon as it is finalized.

Sellah.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.