Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all sorry for a long post, but please guys read it and answer if possible.

I am an IT professional and selected 261312 (Developer/Programmer) as my ANZSCO code.

I want to apply for subclass 175 for which required IELTS score is 7. I have not yet given my IELTS . So in

an unexpected situation, if I do not score 7 in all components but if I score 6, I want to keep subclass 176

option open for application.

While reading state migration plan I often come across the following statement which I fail to understand

correctly and get confused.

Statement:: "Applicants that have been nominated by state or territory government agency in an occupation

that is subsequently specified in their nominating state or territory's state migration plan will receive

processing under group 2"

The above statement if from http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-

processing-14-july-2010.pdf

QUESTION 1:: What do they mean by "Applicants that have been nominated by state or territory government

agency"??

For subclass 176 do I have to get a separate nomination from State/territory other than ACS? Or does it

simply mean that the nominated occupation should be present on the SCHEDULE 4 list?

QUESTION 2:: One more question is that does each state have its own list for ANZSCO or just one SCHEDULE 4?

QUESTION 3:: My close match ANZSCO code 261312 is present on both schedule 3 and schedule 4 so does it mean

I am eligible for both 175 and 176 visas.

Many Thanks
Sanju

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Do not concern yourself with any of the prior application information for which the nomination reference you make applies to for if you have not yet applied, it is just new regulations and a state nomination will usually mean being part of their State Migration Plan.
Each state has their own list of occupations which will normally be on the SOL#4 , that being a general coverage list.
If you are going to consider immigrating you rerally ought to be prepared to read all information starting with Professionals and other Skilled Migrants - Workers - Visas & Immigration and including all links, especially on eligibility and applying for otherwise you'll jump all over the place asking questions with little basic understanding.
The eligibility list and Application Checlist are Core to information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello

hello all
new to forum
just wanted to know the procedure of assessment of my occupation
which qualifies SOL,and work experience required

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.