Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Thanks all for such a wonderful forum.... I found it realy useful..
I have a quick enquiry... I'm an international student (PhD) holding a student subclass 574 visa... I found myself passing the points test for independent skilled visa (subclass 175).. I was advised by some colleges that subclass 574 holders are not eligible to apply for a 175 visa until they finish there study... is that right? or can I apply now during my PhD
thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi all,
Thanks all for such a wonderful forum.... I found it realy useful..
I have a quick enquiry... I'm an international student (PhD) holding a student subclass 574 visa... I found myself passing the points test for independent skilled visa (subclass 175).. I was advised by some colleges that subclass 574 holders are not eligible to apply for a 175 visa until they finish there study... is that right? or can I apply now during my PhD
thanks in advance
A 175 visa is an offshore visa and as such not related to study in Australia being an eligibility requirement though there may be some points for it.
You can apply for it here in Australia if you feel you are eligible but there will be no bridging visa and you need to be outside Australia to have the visa granted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.