Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
We've been granted a subclass 175 visa, and I am trying to figure out if my husband can travel to Australia before me. It doesn't say anything in our grant letter about this, but I don't want to assume that he can travel to Australia before me just in case he has problems when he arrives!! Can anyone help me? Is my husband allowed to enter Australia before me if he is the secondary applicant?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There has in the past been a condition for sponsored partners that the visa holder can not enter Australia before the sponsor if the sponsor was abroad.
May be different with secondary applicants as in fact they have a visa too and they can travel out and back in again independently of the primary applicant so it could be possible they can enter first and if it wasn't the case, there would be a condition on the visa.
I'd check with the CO or you can do a post lodgement enquiry via the Immi site contact provision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great - thanks very much. I have contacted our CO, so I will wait to see what their answer is.
If your visa has been issued with 8502 condition which means the holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.

If this condition is not stated in your grant letter or on the face of your visa it is has not been imposed on your visa and the secondary applicant can then travel before the primary applicant. regards migrate2oz MARN0850840

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello
Thank you for your reply!
I spoke to the GSM processing office in Adelaide this morning and they told me that it does not matter who enters Australia first - the primary and the secondary applicant can enter any time they want as long as it is before the date stipulated on the grant letter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Secondary applicant entry

Hello
Thank you for your reply!
I spoke to the GSM processing office in Adelaide this morning and they told me that it does not matter who enters Australia first - the primary and the secondary applicant can enter any time they want as long as it is before the date stipulated on the grant letter.
I just saw this post, was looking for an answer, lol. So, let's say I already go on the 26th of July (I'm the secondary applicant, i.e. not a dependent spouse), and my wife, the primary applicant, only goes in December, will I be able to enter Australia? This is quite a big concern as our plans revolve around this issue, and if I cannot enter before that, I'll go crazy as I cannot find work in my current country (South Africa). Thank you in advance for a reply :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.