1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to ask a question:

My Wife applied for Subclass 190 for Victoria

She got her Skill Assessment cleared from AIM in Oct 2016
She scored 55 Points and Applied for State Nomination, Subclass 190 for Victoria to get 5 points in order to meet 60 Points Requirement for Australian Immigration.

In her EOI submitted in November 2016, she was asked to show if there is any family member already in Australia. Which she replied YES as her brother lives in Sydney, NSW and he is Australian National now.

Query came back from Victoria asking "Why are you applying for Victoria when your Family member is in NSW?"

She replied with a detailed report explaining Property Rentals, Prices, Cost of Living, Schooling and her career prospects, all are better in Melbourne rather than Sydney.
She also added she is Married, Living with her husband in another country and is independent since many years. So she doesn't need her brother to depend on whatsoever.

But Later in Dec 2016, She got Rejection from Victoria stating they are not satisfied that she will stay in Victoria after getting the Immigration.

What are we supposed to do now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^Probably a mistake to have got their advice.

Suggest you consult a MARA registered agent for proper advice (like wrussell above).
I did contact 3 different MARA Registered Agents in Pakistan.
They all suggest to go for Subclass 189

My Wife's Occupation is not in SOL otherwise we would've gone for Subclass 189 and eventually would have applied through a MARA Registered Agent.

Her Occupation is listed in CSOL only. So we are only eligible for Subclass 190 and No MARA Registered Agent in Pakistan is taking our case for Subclass 190. thats why I went for a local Agent.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
3 Mara agents looked at your case and suggested you go for a visa that you at ineligible for?

Are you sure they were MARA registered? There are only 10 in Pakistan as it stands...

https://www.mara.gov.au

Suggest you get some advice from a reputable MARA registered agent in Australia....

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I'm quite sure. As I used the same website to find them.
I wouldn't mention the names here, That would be inappropriate.
Not as inappropriate as giving advice to apply for a visa if someone isn't eligible to do so ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.