Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I wanted to know has anyone gone through or is going through the process of applying for a PMV from the US via online?
Story:
I am Australian and met my partner online who is from the US. After a few months and a trip over we decided that the best thing for us to be able to stay together is for him to come over here. So we began our application and submitted the online application on the 3rd of April 2015 and have been uploading support evidence since then. It hasn't taken us that long to get everything together and we will have all the required documents uploaded by the end of this month.
Has anyone else gone through this process before? I am wondering what to expect from a case like ours in relation to timelines, the expected correspondence and pretty much any information that anyone can share with online applications from an ETA country.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
ETA countries have vastly different processing times. The US is currently quoting 12-15 months for PMVs and partner visas; however, many of our current members are seeing grants in less time than that (6-8 months). That doesn't mean the processing times won't start going up for newer applicants and get closer to their quoted time frame, however, so I would PLAN to have to wait 12-15 months just in case it takes that long. There is a Washington DC timeline thread on this forum - I'd suggest checking it out. I need to update it for the last few grants, but the first post will give up a pretty good idea how long people are waiting these days as it's mostly up-to-date.

Reactions: Shmiffy

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
PS - Migration agents generally recommend to get your evidence uploaded in the first couple of weeks after you apply. Just FYI. There's no set "deadline" and they SHOULD ask you if they need your evidence sooner, but DIBP do have the right to make a decision at ANY time just based on the information you've provided. That's come back to bite people who intended to provided more evidence later a time or two, though not with the online application (yet). Better to be safe than sorry, however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.