Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bf (Australian citizen) and I (Filipino) was thinking what kind of visa I can apply for if we plan to live together in Australia, without getting married yet, where I can stay and work while in Australia.

He got divorced from her previous partner (where he sponsored her prospective to partners visa) October 2017.

Is it eligible to apply for subclass 300 now? Or is there any time frame where he can’t sponsor anyone again yet?

·
Super Moderator
2,110 Posts
My bf (Australian citizen) and I (Filipino) was thinking what kind of visa I can apply for if we plan to live together in Australia, without getting married yet, where I can stay and work while in Australia.

He got divorced from her previous partner (where he sponsored her prospective to partners visa) October 2017.

Is it eligible to apply for subclass 300 now? Or is there any time frame where he can't sponsor anyone again yet?
There is a 5 year ban on the issuing of another visa, however it starts from the date of his application for the first visa. Do you know the date he applied for his previous 300 visa?

·
Premium Member
9,759 Posts
Good point Aussiesteve! Also an additional note - there is a waiver provision for the 5 year waiting period based on compelling reasons affecting the sponsor. You can have a look at Regulation 1.20J of the Migration Regulations 1994 (Cth) (you can Google that and find it on AUSTLII) to learn more about this .

Best regards,

Mark Northam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.