Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I have a question about the proof of relationship part of the application.

My fiance and I have gathered pictures of both of us during holidays, with family and friends, and even several couple-y pictures (alse, he seems to enjoy very much take pictures of me brushing my teeth, screenshot the screen when we skype and I just woke up, and several other spontaneous kind of pictures, so i though that could help to put there too in order to help showing intimacy or something like that).
We have also sceenshoted the log of calls on skype and messenger (since we are currently in a long distance relationship, we call each other every day).
I have gifts he brought me when he came to visit me, we have a matching tatoo.

Is that enough proof of relationship or should we do something else?
I have seem lots of people saying the attached whatsapp and facebook conversations, but that really seems a bit too much for me.. Is it really necessary?

Thank you all in advance!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi guys!

I have a question about the proof of relationship part of the application.

My fiance and I have gathered pictures of both of us during holidays, with family and friends, and even several couple-y pictures (alse, he seems to enjoy very much take pictures of me brushing my teeth, screenshot the screen when we skype and I just woke up, and several other spontaneous kind of pictures, so i though that could help to put there too in order to help showing intimacy or something like that).
We have also sceenshoted the log of calls on skype and messenger (since we are currently in a long distance relationship, we call each other every day).
I have gifts he brought me when he came to visit me, we have a matching tatoo.

Is that enough proof of relationship or should we do something else?
I have seem lots of people saying the attached whatsapp and facebook conversations, but that really seems a bit too much for me.. Is it really necessary?

Thank you all in advance!
I believe they do look for evidence of contact during periods of separation as an important proof of a relationship. You don't have to include the really personal stuff. You can select snapshots or screenshots where you're just chatting or whatever - stuff that is safe for other people's eyes :)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Maybe take a screenshot of a photo of you two together on Facebook that has a bunch of likes from friends to show that the relationship is known to the public? Or even a screenshot of the "so -and-so is now in a relationship with so-and-so" update of you use Facebook.

It's really good to show that your relationship is known.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe they do look for evidence of contact during periods of separation as an important proof of a relationship. You don't have to include the really personal stuff. You can select snapshots or screenshots where you're just chatting or whatever - stuff that is safe for other people's eyes :)
Yeah, I think i'll have to do this. honestly i'm just being lazy, go through allll the messages till find something worth showing. well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe take a screenshot of a photo of you two together on Facebook that has a bunch of likes from friends to show that the relationship is known to the public? Or even a screenshot of the "so -and-so is now in a relationship with so-and-so" update of you use Facebook.

It's really good to show that your relationship is known.
I had not thought about this! Thank you for the idea, it's going to be very useful :) :)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, I think i'll have to do this. honestly i'm just being lazy, go through allll the messages till find something worth showing. well, you gotta do what you gotta do.
thanks for the reply!
Being lazy can cost you your visa.

We submitted only a few screenshots of actual conversations. Only relevant ones, where we were talking about our future plans like him joining me in the UK, moving in together, family and children etc.
We did supply an extensive Skype call log (removed the chat messages and only kept the date stamps of actual calls (names, date, time, duration of the call).

We supplied a screenshot of "mutual friends" on FB, and a screenshot or two of pictures of both of us that were taken and posted by other people.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being lazy can cost you your visa.

We submitted only a few screenshots of actual conversations. Only relevant ones, where we were talking about our future plans like him joining me in the UK, moving in together, family and children etc.
We did supply an extensive Skype call log (removed the chat messages and only kept the date stamps of actual calls (names, date, time, duration of the call).

We supplied a screenshot of "mutual friends" on FB, and a screenshot or two of pictures of both of us that were taken and posted by other people.
Yeah, got that suggestion from the other person who replied too. Gotta do this.

thanks again

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Have you ever been on holiday together? Even when he came to visit you, did you do anything special? Tickets, receipts, or email confirmation of hotels, shows, or to places is another good one as that's something couples would do if seeing each other occasionally and in a long distance relationship.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you ever been on holiday together? Even when he came to visit you, did you do anything special? Tickets, receipts, or email confirmation of hotels, shows, or to places is another good one as that's something couples would do if seeing each other occasionally and in a long distance relationship.
Yeah, we did a lot of things together here, i do have a lot of recipes and tickets. I'll attach everything with pictures of us. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.