Australia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates!

We are a married couple for 8 months and almost been 2 years on our relationship. My spouse is an australian and currently doing her masters degree at uni on clinical physiology and I am working as a mechanical engineer. While we are trying to increase our savings soon we will apply for offshore partner visas. The tricky point is I do earn a good money here at the moment and we want a smooth and planned transition to Australia. So just once the subclass 309 granted I want to keep my current work before visiting Australia for a short trip (one of the requirements of the visa , entry for a short time).

Under these circumstances I have following questions,

1. As far as I know we must stay 14 days quarantine once we arrived AU. To keep my work I can only have about 2 weeks permission which means I wont have a time to look around and do some investigation for our AU plans. Is there a way to avoid having this qurantine? (I dont mean risk public health , just asking if there is any entrance chance without quarantine by having vaccinated already or valid and up to date test results of covid etc. )

2. I am especially qualified in oil and gas sector. As far as I researched Perth is a good option to find jobs on this specific area. Do you approve that or do we have any other such locations? ( we love melbourne, what about there?)

3. There is a platform called, Engineers Australia. Is it a legal authority to get my engineering diploma recognized? Are there any other options? Perphaps a cheaper solution for this accreditation.

4. Question 3 is also applicable for my wife but for the phsiology.

5. We have some friends in Australia, but we want to do it our own once we arrived to settle our new life. For a quick and cheap solution before finding a job and get used to environment I think about to go for airbnb. Do you think is it safe and appropiate for a family? Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for your thoughts and help.

Kind Regards,

·
Registered
935 Posts
To get you started:

1. No ... no exceptions unless you are very famous
3. Yes, EA is the place to start
5. That makes sense

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. No ... no exceptions unless you are very famous
Not entirely true!

Visit the Exemption section and fill out the forms as you see fit, argue your best case!
Better effort than no effort!

You could also apply for Quarantine in your own Accomodation instead of the hotel! Ain't nobody got time for a $2,000-$3,000 2-week lousy hotel visit :p

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Not entirely true!

Visit the Exemption section and fill out the forms as you see fit, argue your best case!
Better effort than no effort!

You could also apply for Quarantine in your own Accomodation instead of the hotel! Ain't nobody got time for a $2,000-$3,000 2-week lousy hotel visit :p
Of course anyone can apply, but without a large amount of money and resources to set up your own quarantine facility and approved covid plan I doubt it would be successful.
Home quarantine was stopped due to persistent breaches.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Of course anyone can apply, but without a large amount of money and resources to set up your own quarantine facility and approved covid plan I doubt it would be successful.
Home quarantine was stopped due to persistent breaches.
You're blowing this out of proportions , lol.
You don't need to set up a quarantine facility , but rather prove your case.
Let's say in my case, I'm vaccinated with the finest that is Pfizer, got a house to stay in , healthy young man, got sufficient high quality PPE.

A quarantine zone isn't the same as a hazard zone, it doesn't need to be completely sealed and forever airtight until time is over. Just isolated from people who are in contact with the "outside world".

Again, just cause it makes sense to me doesn't mean Holy or Jessica (who may be unrelated to this office , but humbly rejected my inwards travel exemptions oh so crudely.) May not see it the same way I do!

But regardless, my response was meant to show there IS something to be done about it , rather than Nothing. Pretty sure not many are even aware this is an option.

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Let's say in my case, I'm vaccinated with the finest that is Pfizer, got a house to stay in , healthy young man, got sufficient high quality PPE.

A quarantine zone isn't the same as a hazard zone, it doesn't need to be completely sealed and forever airtight until time is over. Just isolated from people who are in contact with the "outside world".

Again, just cause it makes sense to me doesn't mean Holy or Jessica (who may be unrelated to this office , but humbly rejected my inwards travel exemptions oh so crudely.) May not see it the same way I do!

But regardless, my response was meant to show there IS something to be done about it , rather than Nothing. Pretty sure not many are even aware this is an option.
I

This article explains the stringent and extensive requirements for home quarantine, and the incredibly low rate of approval.
Costs such as 24/7 police presence doesn't come cheap!
A further article on the subject.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I

This article explains the stringent and extensive requirements for home quarantine, and the incredibly low rate of approval.
A further article on the subject.
Jeez Louise.

This current government is acting like a distressed child.

Sorry for challenging your POV , I suppose :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
The reason the OP is asking about quarantine is because they only have 2 week's leave from work and they don't want to spend the whole 2 week's doing that. Whether it's in a hotel or at home is a moot point.
So Paul is correct, they won't be getting an exemption for the reason stated.

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
I

Jeez Louise.

Sorry for challenging your POV , I suppose :(
What I think is immaterial , I am not the one making the decisions. When it comes to quarantine, the rules are made by each state government, not the federal government.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
In trying to ensure COVID in Australia does not become as bad as other countries?

Some of the people, and politicians, feel these arrangements are not sufficient, and should ensure zero cases enter Australia.

Reactions: aussiesteve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate all comments. Having this exemption seems harder than having a citizenship for me :)

I guess the best can do is to wait untill the last date . Maybe they lift off entry requirement for temporary visa applicants which is hard to provide during covid.

KR,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts