Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I have two questions at the moment.

1. In the Partner Migration booklet it states:

If you are applying outside Australia and you:
• have a debt to the Australian Government,
you may not be granted a Partner visa until you have made satisfactory arrangements to pay that debt.

How do I check if my fiance has any debt? Will the government just bring it to our attention after we apply and then we just pay it? Will we be rejected if she has debt when we apply for the offshore Subclass 309 - Partner (provisional) visa? What if it is something like a public transport no ticket fine for example?

2. After this visa is applied for will she be able to come immediately to Australia from Malaysia on a tourist visa or working and holiday visa?

Thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Did she live in Australia?

Parking tickets are fine, debt in this instance are unpaid taxes, larger fines and such. If you can't really tell, just email revenue office of the state she lived in, also let her ring ATO and check if any taxes are due. (She should do that for privacy reasons).
That should solve it :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, she used to live in Australia, student visa.
I think it might have been something like traveling on a train without a concession card. Thanks for the department names. Side note: I like your quotes!

Anyone who might be able to help with question 2. would be helpful.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.