Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone first post ever.

So i met a woman i fell in love with from Thailand. Met her 1st of March 2018 and Married June 5th.
I cant bring her to Australia quickly so i am moving over to Greece which i am a dual citizen of (Aussie passport and Greek). She will be given a yearly spouse visa which is renewed yearly.
Now i will be living with her in property i own in Greece until the Visa 309 gets approved. I plan not to work in Greece as i have enough money for us to both live on for 9 years.

Now here are some questions before i decide to apply for the Visa on Immi account.

Is it too early in the marriage? Should we collect more evidence over the next 12months.

She will be living with me but the only thing to prove her address will be the documents showing on her Greek Visa and a mobile phone that will registered in her name. My bills are direct debit so nothing will be in her name. Is that going to be an issue?

She will not work in Greece will that be a problem? payslips etc Although i will take her to English school classes.

I have no witnesses there yet, and most friends only speak greek

I have no parents they passed away.

I just dont know if we will have enough documents.

We will have enough evidence like photos together, travel documents, reciepts of going out.

·
Registered
797 Posts
in terms of Australian visas getting married was the worst thing you could of done and you'll have to spend time establishing the relationship and evidence needed for the Australian side if things, but if you aren't a Australian citizen then you will eventually face usual resident requirements.
based on what you have posted not exactly off in terms of ideas but need a lot more than just that.
FYI photos aren't the be all and end all in terms of evidence.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
It is certainly not impossible, but you must apply a long term strategy and not rush into things.

I suggest you get some professional advice on the type of evidence you can generate and the overall procedure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in terms of Australian visas getting married was the worst thing you could of done and you'll have to spend time establishing the relationship and evidence needed for the Australian side if things, but if you aren't a Australian citizen then you will eventually face usual resident requirements.
based on what you have posted not exactly off in terms of ideas but need a lot more than just that.
Well i have to marry her, we cant go anywhere else, at least for the meantime Greece. I will apply later i guess when we have lived a little longer. Thanks for your imput.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is certainly not impossible, but you must apply a long term strategy and not rush into things.

I suggest you get some professional advice on the type of evidence you can generate and the overall procedure.
I defintely wont rush, i dont mind living on an island in Greece for the meantime. I cant get any advice in Greece since they dont have agents like here, but i can call eventually from overseas. Thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well i have to marry her, we cant go anywhere else, at least for the meantime Greece. I will apply later i guess when we have lived a little longer. Thanks for your imput.
a PMV would of suited your situation and could of applied straight away.
marrying often complicates things rather than making things easy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a PMV would of suited your situation and could of applied straight away.
marrying often complicates things rather than making things easy.
But a PMV takes time to apply doesnt it? I cant just bring her here within 30-60 days? I love her i dont want to be away from her, is New Zealand an option?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
I defintely wont rush, i dont mind living on an island in Greece for the meantime. I cant get any advice in Greece since they dont have agents like here, but i can call eventually from overseas. Thanks
Getting her into NZ may be just as difficult as getting her into Australia. Spending some time on a Greek island sounds like a good plan. I might join you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.