Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a Temp prospective visa subclass 309 and due to move to Australia.
My daughter has now decided she would like to move over sooner. I understand she would need to apply for a subclass 445. We'd like to do this whilst she is in Australia.
1. Does anyone know if she can fly to Oz with me on a eta visa and my partner and i can apply for her visa whilst she is in Oz.
2. Would there be an issue going through immigration with her on a one way ticket??

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I've currently got a Temp prospective visa subclass 309 and due to move to Australia.
My daughter has now decided she would like to move over sooner. I understand she would need to apply for a subclass 445. We'd like to do this whilst she is in Australia.
1. Does anyone know if she can fly to Oz with me on a eta visa and my partner and i can apply for her visa whilst she is in Oz.
2. Would there be an issue going through immigration with her on a one way ticket??
1. Yes, applications can be made from within Australia.
Dependent Child Visa (Subclass 445)
2. Immigration do have a policy of visas to be used for their intended purpose and I suppose if your daughter was just planning a visit out with you that is plausible.
However, UK people are not eligible for the ETA through online applications with a default to eVisas that could have a No Further Stay condition applied.
You can apparently still get an ETA via travel and immigration agents, perhaps even an airline when making a flight booking.
[ Welcome to AirAsia.com, The World's Best Low-Cost Airline ex Stansted via KL probably cheapest one way btw ].
Thus the use of the ETA and a one way ticket could cause speculation by immigration people on arrival but some people may do that if for instance they were thinking of also visiting New Zealand [ the Scotland/Scandanavia with a tropical touch in Australia's backyard so to speak]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.