Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I applied for 457 visa on April 2017 and got refused on 2nd March 2018. I got the mail from immigration which states

" On of the criteria for the grant of a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) is an approved nomination. Your prospective employer, EMPLOYER NAME does not have an approved nomination for you at this time. As a result, your visa application is unlikely to be successful."

Immigration has given me 28 days to withdraw my application. Is the my fault or the sponsors fault not to have nomination? What should I do next ?

Suggestion Required.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi everyone,

I applied for 457 visa on April 2017 and got refused on 2nd March 2018. I got the mail from immigration which states

" On of the criteria for the grant of a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) is an approved nomination. Your prospective employer, EMPLOYER NAME does not have an approved nomination for you at this time. As a result, your visa application is unlikely to be successful."

Immigration has given me 28 days to withdraw my application. Is the my fault or the sponsors fault not to have nomination? What should I do next ?

Suggestion Required.

Thanks in Advance.
I would suggest speaking with an RMA about this.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi everyone,

Suggestion Required.

Thanks in Advance.
The nomination is the sponsor's responsibility. You should find out what happened to it.

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
Hi everyone,

Suggestion Required.

Thanks in Advance.
This page: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/457-#tab-content-3 shows what the employer should have done.

Basically, it looks like the employer must have set up their side of the application before you applied.

With that time frame of 11 months, it appears the employer may not have even done an application for you. Have you asked them?

If they have, send a copy of the confirmation they received, ASAP in reply to your notification.

If uncertain, refer it to a Migration agent for help.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
With that time frame of 11 months, it appears the employer may not have even done an application for you.

If uncertain, refer it to a Migration agent for help.
It is not possible to lodge a 457 visa application unless a corresponding nomination has been lodged, as you require the nomination's TRN to start the visa application.

The visa application cannot proceed unless there is a valid nomination; the nomination must have been approved and must still be valid.

My guess is that the nomination was refused or is no longer valid. Approved nominations are usually valid for 12 months, unless they are withdrawn or cancelled for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.