Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am here for the first time posting. A long time reading information though. My question is regarding the application for a Subclass 600 tourist visa.
My partner is wanting to apply for a visa to visit Australia. She will come to Australia in October 2018 if it is granted.
Our Question is. How early can you apply for this visa? Can we apply now in March 2018? or wait until closer to the dates. If we apply now, will it be granted with the dates we requested? Oct 2018 - Jan 2018

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that makes it tough to decide.

Has she travelled to Australia or similar country before?
Hello,

She hasn't visited Australia before. But has travelled to countries with Asia and Europe before.

My main Question really is....Should we apply now ( March 2018 )
As we want to be together in Australia in October 2018

Or wait til closer to the date of her wanting to come?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Normally I would say wait some more months as things change this far out, but being from Russia the chance of a refusal is much higher (not as high as Ukraine but in the ball park) and they love to give on the last day of average process time (for us was 30 days). Then if refused it is a rush to try again took us several weeks, then another wait of near 30 days just to get another refusal.

The third took about a week to reapply and was processed in a few weeks as a grant.

So for Russia and the Eastern block you need to apply earlier.

Just make sure it is a good application that meets GTE requirements and PAM 3 policy on first application. That's my main concern.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Normally I would say wait some more months as things change this far out, but being from Russia the chance of a refusal is much higher (not as high as Ukraine but in the ball park) and they love to give on the last day of average process time (for us was 30 days). Then if refused it is a rush to try again took us several weeks, then another wait of near 30 days just to get another refusal.

The third took about a week to reapply and was processed in a few weeks as a grant.

So for Russia and the Eastern block you need to apply earlier.

Just make sure it is a good application that meets GTE requirements and PAM 3 policy on first application. That's my main concern.
Thanks for the reply. Great information.

So we can apply now, even if we want the visa to commence in October. They don't mind you applying 6 months early? And then assume, if it's granted, it will be for the dates we asked or thereabouts. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.