Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

So I applied for the partner visa subclass 820 over 16 months ago and I got my grant notification today. But I'm confused as the grant notification says "Until notified that subclass 801 has been decided". I have a few questions about this if anyone can help me?

So I then googled how long the 801 visa takes to be decided and some websites say you have to apply for the 801 subclass 2 years after getting the 820 subclass. But then I went to the immigration website and it states...."Obtaining the permanent Partner visa is a two stage process. To be eligible for a permanent partner visa you first need to be granted a temporary partner visa. You apply for both the permanent and temporary visas at the same time and pay only one fee."

So have I already applied for the subclass 801 if it says you apply for both visas at the same time? And how long will it take for it to be decided?

Very confusing!

Thanks

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Everyone applies for both at the same time. That's why it's an 820/801 application, not an 820 application. You become 801 eligible 2 years after the 820/801 application and you need to supply the required documents to show your relationship has continued since the grant of the 820. Wait times are listed on the website and you can find the checklist in Step 5 and clicking the calculator link.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav...820-and-801)-document-checklist#tab-content-1

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.