Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
My partner and I lodged our De Facto visa over 1 year ago.
It has clearly taken a very long time and during that time just recently my partner proposed to me. Well we still haven't gotten approved or denied yet for our De Facto and we are wondering, do we submit evidence of becoming engaged?

Or would this mean we are ineligible for the current processing of the DeFacto/Partner visa. To us, defacto/fiance seems to go hand in hand. Do we need a new visa?

thanks

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If you have applied for a 309 partner visa on de facto ground, then, your engagement will not change anything. There is no need for a new visa application. But if you get married, you need to inform the DIBP and submit relevant documents, such as marriage cert, wedding photos etc. Marriage makes your case stronger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have applied for a 309 partner visa on de facto ground, then, your engagement will not change anything. There is no need for a new visa application. But if you get married, you need to inform the DIBP and submit relevant documents, such as marriage cert, wedding photos etc. Marriage makes your case stronger.
Hey thanks for the quick reply. So isn't "300,309/100,820/801 Partner or Prospective Marriage Visa" all the same thing? So if we submitted a 820 on de facto grounds we are ok?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
300 = Prospective Marriage Visa.
309 = 820 = Partner Visa (de facto or married), but 309 is offshore, 820 is onshore.

You are ok if you get engaged after applied for 820 on de facto ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great! Thank you! Is there any chance of knowing where I can find this possibly on the immigration gov website? I haven't been successful tracking it down

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.