Australia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
My mom visitor visa Subclass 600 is expiring on 23/11/2021
Applied for Subclass 838 on 28/10/2021 .

Sent all the documents through Australia post on Tue 26/10/2021.
And the same has been received at the destination address on 28/10/2021.
So far as of 8/11/2021, I have not received any communication regarding the new application or bridging Visa.

General immigration contact number does not seem much help.

Did anyone had similar situation.
Any advise is really helpfull.

Thanks

· Registered
17 Posts
I applied for another Visa in September through paper application (not online) and the mail was received by Dept of Home Affairs on the 21st September. My current Visa will expire in 3 weeks but have not received a Bridging Visa yet nor any acknowledgment email up till now. Ringing those customer service people are not helpful at all. I am in the same boat and confused as well.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi Bhar,

I saw your post about applying for visa 838 for your parent. I have a question about proof of financial dependancy. What did you include in the application as proof? Also, where are you with your application currently? Did you get a bridging visa?
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Leila

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

So far as of 8/11/2021, I have not received any communication regarding the new application or bridging Visa.

Thanks
Hi Bhar,

I saw your post about applying for visa 838 for your parent. I have a question about proof of financial dependancy. What did you include in the application as proof? Also, where are you with your application currently? Did you get a bridging visa?
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Leila
Hi, have you lodge the application? I also want to know about proof of financial dependency.

thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
How did you go with the visa acknowledgment, bridging visa etc

Any updates?

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
Hi,
I'm with same situation for my moms visa subclass-838
Applied on 17th Nov 2022, delivered on 18th Nov 2022.
paid Application fee online via immi accout on 13th Nov 2022.
still no any acknowledgement letter or any kind of notification so sar.
her current visa expiring on 08th Dec 2022?

is there any way to apply for a bridging visa ? if so, which brindging visa A or C?

seeking for support from you all.

· Registered
3 Posts
I applied for another Visa in September through paper application (not online) and the mail was received by Dept of Home Affairs on the 21st September. My current Visa will expire in 3 weeks but have not received a Bridging Visa yet nor any acknowledgment email up till now. Ringing those customer service people are not helpful at all. I am in the same boat and confused as well.
HI,
did you get the bridging visa?
Im too waiting for the acknowledgment letter from department. current visa will expire in 10 days.
any updates or options from you most appreciated.

· Registered
3 Posts
It took almost a month to receive acknowledgement of 838 valid application. 864 visa application only take few days to a week to receive acknowledgement. Any application submitted would come with a bridging visa a if you hold a substantive visa when apply onshore. The bridging visa will not be in effect until current substantial visa expires.

· Registered
17 Posts
Hello everyone,
I have applied for a Visa last year September on paper application and the mail was received through AusPost tracking, but I didn't receive any acknowledgment or tried to contact immigration was not helpful. I applied again on November online application and received acknowledgement the next day and after 3 days got my Bridging Visa A. Paper application is no longer effective. Apply online through ImmiAccount

· Registered
7,392 Posts
I applied again on November online application and received acknowledgement the next day and after 3 days got my Bridging Visa A. Paper application is no longer effective. Apply online through ImmiAccount
The subclass 838 immigration page says:
"You must apply for this visa on paper. You must be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts