Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Subclass Visitor 600 whilst waiting for 309 subclass

Good day all,

My partner and I have applied for visa subclass 309 from Canada in June, and it is pending processing.

We're moving to Australia together in October, aware she is unable to work but we wanted to apply for the subclass 600 12 month visitor visa whilst we wait so she can at least stay in Australia with my support, versus leaving Australia every three months and hoping to be allowed back in on the standard ETA.

Has anybody gone down this path before? Any issues or other advice?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You ned to be a genuine entrant for the purpose of the visa, remember there is no visa designed to get you onshore whilst waiting for another visa to be granted.

Plenty of people get I granted, plenty also get it refused due to a poorly done application usually.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You ned to be a genuine entrant for the purpose of the visa, remember there is no visa designed to get you onshore whilst waiting for another visa to be granted.

Plenty of people get I granted, plenty also get it refused due to a poorly done application usually.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got a 600 visa (12 months) one a couple of weeks ago and will be travelling to Australia end of next month to spend time with my partner while we wait for our off shore PMV application. We applied but didn’t expect a grant and certainly not a 12 month one.

I’m Dutch and live in the UK ask “safe” countries I guess. We mentioned we had a PMV application lodged but we focused our application on wanting to travel Australia together and provided a few places we will visit and focused on me getting to know my in laws. From what I have seen the “trick” (if you can call it that) is to not say you want to sit out the wait together. I also said that I know I’m eligible for the 3 month visas but that I didn’t want to have to leave every 90 days (I know immigration isn’t a fan of this either as they crack down on people coming and going just to trigger visas)

I’ve just seen two cases today where people in other situations got their 600 denied so it’s luck of the draw I guess. But I believe it’s worth a shot. We provided my statement and my partner’s invitation letter and finance statements and about six names and address of friends and family in across Australia we plan to visit. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.