Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I have an uncommon situation. I have received SkillSelect invite and yet to submit the docs to get the PR grant.
At this point my company is sending me on a subclass 400 for 3 months to Australia.Within these3 months, I will get my PR.
My question -does subclass400 require you to come back to your original country even though you have a PR in hand?
Can I continue my stay in Aus (as I have PR) even after 400 expires?

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
Hi ,
I have an uncommon situation. I have received SkillSelect invite and yet to submit the docs to get the PR grant.
At this point my company is sending me on a subclass 400 for 3 months to Australia.Within these3 months, I will get my PR.
My question -does subclass400 require you to come back to your original country even though you have a PR in hand?
Can I continue my stay in Aus (as I have PR) even after 400 expires?
A PR grant would supersede your 400, which would no longer be in effect.

Check the schedule 8 conditions imposed on your 400:

If the applicant satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of a Subclass 400 visa:

(a) conditions 8107 and 8303 must be imposed; and
(b) condition 8503 may be imposed.

You can find out about these conditions via a Google search.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A PR grant would supersede your 400, which would no longer be in effect.

Check the schedule 8 conditions imposed on your 400:

If the applicant satisfied the primary criteria for the grant of a Subclass 400 visa:

(a) conditions 8107 and 8303 must be imposed; and
(b) condition 8503 may be imposed.

You can find out about these conditions via a Google search.
Thank you so much Westly. So can I conclude that I can stay back and do not need to return back to India? Do I have to go the AUS immigration dept to show up myself and get any stamping done at that time?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Thank you so much Westly. So can I conclude that I can stay back and do not need to return back to India? Do I have to go the AUS immigration dept to show up myself and get any stamping done at that time?
There's no such thing as getting stamping done for Australian visas. Your visa grant would be emailed to you, and it's electronically linked to your passport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.