Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'll be in Australia from June 29 to July 21 to visit my friend in New Lambton, NSW. She's working 4x/week and that means I will be on my own during those times which I don't mind.

Any suggestion on where to go and what to do? I would say I'm not used to going out alone as I've lived long years here in Saudi Arabia but I would like to explore the place.

I love music and nature and would also like to know the culture.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hi everyone. I'll be in Australia from June 29 to July 21 to visit my friend in New Lambton, NSW. She's working 4x/week and that means I will be on my own during those times which I don't mind.

Any suggestion on where to go and what to do? I would say I'm not used to going out alone as I've lived long years here in Saudi Arabia but I would like to explore the place.

I love music and nature and would also like to know the culture.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
You're coming to my neck of the woods - Newcastle! :) We have easy access to public transport, so you won't have too much of a problem getting around. You can go see Fort Scratchley - has amazing views of Nobby's beach and the entrance into Newcastle harbour. You can also watch the coal ships come in as you walk along the break wall.

Plenty of different beaches, we also have Lake Macquarie which is beautiful.

If you can get transport and like hiking you could also go to the Watakin Mountains, or go for a drive to the Hunter Valley to the vineyards.

Here's a website which could give you more ideas.

https://www.visitnewcastle.com.au

Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.