Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am applying for a student visa and just did my medical check last friday. On my chest xray examination, the panel radiologist suspect an active tuberculosis and it triggers an automated 'condition 603' on my e-medical. It means that I will have to undergo a further medical check that includes a sputum culture test (2-3 months waiting time). I have never had a tb symptoms & past diagnosis, nor have I been in close contact with any tb patients, therefore this is very devastating for me.

My questions are:
1. If I am being ruled as highly suspect of active tb based on my xray by my panel radiologist, will I still have to undergo a 6 months medical treatment if later from my sputum & smear test all show negative of tb?

2. What is the timeline after completing 6 months tb treatment and medical clearance from the panel doctors? How long will it take from the end of 6 months medication to medical clearance to visa grant?
The reason is I have to determine whether I have enough time to defer my university offer by 6 months to July 2018 or by 1 year to early 2019.

Hope some fellow here or some senior members with a similar case can share with me. Really appreciate the support and it means a lot for me. Thank you!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
There are 2 names put forward often - Peter Bollard and George Lombard.

Best contact one of them now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.