Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! Ok, I'm in Australia on an ETA Business Visa. It expires the beginning of December. It does not have the 8503 condition attached. I'm trying to cover all of my bases in case my skills assessment takes longer or the EOI takes longer and I need to get a new visa to cover until I am able to apply for my pr (189 or 190) visa. My question is this:

Will an e600 Tourist Visa, which will allow me an additional 3 months while I am waiting on my skills assessment to be completed, have the 8503 condition imposed on it?

I was advised to travel to Australia in September as I am a secondary teacher and that is when schools start posting/hiring for the next school year. It was excellent advice, as I have already been offered teaching positions WHEN I have my permanent visa or have working rights (once a bridging visa takes effect if it is needed). Unfortunately, most schools here are not able to "sponsor" me for a working visa, as they are public, not private. Therefore, I need the time to complete my PR visa. I am prepared to take a trip offshore to reapply for another ETA if I have to...however, if I can just apply for the e600 Tourist Visa onshore, that would be the easiest option. I'll only need an extra 2-3 weeks or so. My worry is the 8503 condition being imposed on the e600 tourist visa, as I am applying here in Australia. From reading other posts, this hasn't seemed to be an issue for most people. But I am a worry wart and I like to research before I do something.

I am here on my US passport. Thanks for your assistance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.