Australia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new to the forum. My husband and I would like to take control of our partner visa application from the migrant agent representing us. We have filled, signed and emailed the withdrawal form to him for wanting to end the appointment. Have few questions, if any one can help answer please:

1. Should we email the processing office too that we have done and want all future communications to be sent to us?
2. How we can get our online files transferred to us so we can continue with it?
3. What if the agent won't give us the files? Emailed him but yet to hear back.

Appreciate any advice
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
938 Posts
1. Your agent should do that, but you can also send a form 956
2. The agent needs to send it to you (partner visa applications can only be transferred by the person who lodged the application or the Department)
3. Cross that bridge when you get there, but it can be sorted out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Your agent should do that, but you can also send a form 956
2. The agent needs to send it to you (partner visa applications can only be transferred by the person who lodged the application or the Department)
3. Cross that bridge when you get there, but it can be sorted out.
Thanks Paul for taking the time for answering to me, appreciate it. Our agent has got back to us and says it may be costly to be able to transfer them to us. Is this a standard thing?
We have done the form 956a (hoping he send it onto to the department) Maybe we should email the embassy to confirm it.

If you don't mind me asking, if we don't get the files, does that mean that the department will communicate to us all by email from now on?
My husband does have an immiaccount which was created when he needed to apply for tourist visa.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
A registered migration agent must, upon your request, send you a copy of applications that s/he has lodged on your behalf. I always send clients a draft of applications before I submit them and a copy of the actual application.

It might pay you to read the Code of Conduct that is available on the OMARA website and should be linked on the websites of all RMAs.

If you are thimking about importing a partner applcation to your ImmiAccount, you are out of luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have already tried the import link in the immiaccount and doesn't work!
We should definitely have asked for the final copies after he lodged the application. Don't know really why he is making it difficult.

Can anyone please share any info on how we proceed with it?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have already tried the import link in the immiaccount and doesn't work!
We should definitely have asked for the final copies after he lodged the application. Don't know really why he is making it difficult.

Can anyone please share any info on how we proceed with it?
As I said: The agent needs to send it to your immi account (partner visa applications can only be transferred by the person who lodged the application or the Department). They can't be imported.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said: The agent needs to send it to your immi account (partner visa applications can only be transferred by the person who lodged the application or the Department). They can't be imported.
Am aware of that and have asked him already. He's indicated that it could be costly and has not replied or done so.

We will wait bit longer, then email the department of the issue and see how they want us to move forward.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A registered migration agent must, upon your request, send you a copy of applications that s/he has lodged on your behalf. I always send clients a draft of applications before I submit them and a copy of the actual application.

It might pay you to read the Code of Conduct that is available on the OMARA website and should be linked on the websites of all RMAs.

If you are thimking about importing a partner applcation to your ImmiAccount, you are out of luck.
[/QUOTE
Am aware of that and have asked him already. He's indicated that it could be costly and has not replied or done so.

We will wait bit longer, then email the department of the issue and see how they want us to move forward.
Hi
We are in the same boat. Just want to know what happened? Did your agent send you ur application?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, yes he eventually did but before that we decided to email our processing office Dubai (at the time) stating the issue and that the agent had not yet transferred to us. We also asked them to send all communications to us. In reply to us, they also cc'd him and it was only then that he sent on the signed form 956 back to the department.
Also we had to fill out form 1193 to authorize communication by email. Otherwise you have to provide details of new authorized contact.
All the best

·
Registered
62 Posts
This is a good post.
I also have an lawyer/agent. I’m not wanting to get rid of her or anything, but are they able to give you the account ID and password for the immi account that they did for you? I would like to be able to keep an eye on it as well.

·
Registered
938 Posts
This is a good post.
I also have an lawyer/agent. I’m not wanting to get rid of her or anything, but are they able to give you the account ID and password for the immi account that they did for you? I would like to be able to keep an eye on it as well.
We don’t “do an account“ for a client, we lodge the application from our own account. It is possible for an application to be shared, but it’s not recommended. My terms specifically preclude a client accessing an application themselves, as this is a recipe for confusion. In any case there is nothing “to keep an eye on”. Your agent will advise you as soon as they receive any correspondence regarding your application.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We don’t “do an account“ for a client, we lodge the application from our own account. It is possible for an application to be shared, but it’s not recommended. My terms specifically preclude a client accessing an application themselves, as this is a recipe for confusion. In any case there is nothing “to keep an eye on”. Your agent will advise you as soon as they receive any correspondence regarding your application.
Well that makes sense. Wouldn’t want any confusion. Thanks for the response 😊

1 - 12 of 12 Posts