Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Mieke originally from the Dutch Antilles and living in Tasmania.

Pleased to meet you all:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Please to meet you.
I am curious, What is it like to live in Tasmania? e.g. climate, shopping, schools...

AusTexas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please to meet you.
I am curious, What is it like to live in Tasmania? e.g. climate, shopping, schools...

AusTexas
Hi Texas,
I have lived in a few places in Australia but Tasmania suits me perfectly.
Its not too warm, today is Spring and we have a lovely 22 here today.
Winters are not too long in comparison with say Europe, but we have the 4 seasons which can be unlike some states.
Schools I cannot help you with unfortunately, this is something you should research on.
Shopping, well we have the usual big shops as on the mainland.
Its a paradise island for those who enjoy the outdoor living, rock climbing, national forests, skiing, water sports, camping etc.
Tasmania is quaint, full of history, gorgeous cottages, affordable housing.
If I can help further feel free to drop me a line.

Mieke

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks!
It sounds like a tour spot while visiting Australia.
The weather sounds much more pleasant than Texas, where we have, ummm, maybe 3 seasons on a good year. Lol.
The summers are like 108° F, and that's not to bad, considering that being a low for around 8pm. :)

Thanks also for the message invite. Will use accordingly.

AustinTX, USA

AusTexas

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Mieke,

I'm taking your "send a message" advice. Hope you don't mind me posting here, but I was not able to send a private message, but the contents aren't too personal. :)

Is dating difficult in Australia or Tasmania? Esp for a black American?

I have been called attractive, smart, cool, ...you know, all the things American guys say for a date, heehee.
:)

But what about the Aussies, is racism a problem? I hope not. Its enough dealing with it here. Regardless if I have a college education, work for the government, and have NEVER been to Africa, ever, its still a deep dark mystery in the states. A very sad ignorant mystery I may add. :)

Please do tell, is it easy? Or do the guys make you chase them? Lol

MsAustin, TX, USA

AusTexas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi!
i have applied in university of tasmania for Masters program. i want to know about jobs and accomodation.

kindly help me out? Tasmania Girl.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi I am Mieke originally from the Dutch Antilles and living in Tasmania.

Pleased to meet you all:)
hello,
nice to meet you too. i am also new here and i love to meet people from different culture thats why i am here. hope it would be a great time passing here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.