Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i am migrating to Australia as a Permanent Resident from Bangalore India. My present employer has asked me to continue to work from the remotely and they dont want any change...they will assume i am working for them like b4 but just that i am not in the office...

I am worried about double taxation, while staying in Australia as a permamanent Resident if i continue my software job in India will i end up paying double tax to both Indian and Australian government.

Thanks,
Vipin.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi,

i am migrating to Australia as a Permanent Resident from Bangalore India. My present employer has asked me to continue to work from the remotely and they dont want any change...they will assume i am working for them like b4 but just that i am not in the office...

I am worried about double taxation, while staying in Australia as a permamanent Resident if i continue my software job in India will i end up paying double tax to both Indian and Australian government.

Thanks,
Vipin.
There are arrangements between some countries re Taxation credits and rates may vary from one country to another.
The Indian taxation laws would I expect have information in regard to how your position will be viewed there and in Australia you'll need to look at Australian Taxation Office Homepage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.