Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My partner had a telephone interview from the processing office of her partner visa. They asked questions about our relationship.

Is it a positive or negative sign? Should I expect a grant soon?

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
It just means that it is progressing. Some embassies (I know the Australian Embassy in Cairo is one of them) interview almost all of the applicants. I am not sure if where your partner has applied is one of those embassies or not. If it is not, then you only get a phone interview if they have questions about the relationship, therefore depending on how she answers will depend on the outcome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It just means that it is progressing. Some embassies (I know the Australian Embassy in Cairo is one of them) interview almost all of the applicants. I am not sure if where your partner has applied is one of those embassies or not. If it is not, then you only get a phone interview if they have questions about the relationship, therefore depending on how she answers will depend on the outcome.
The answers were ok. We are not hiding anything from the CO and all answers were in-line with our relationship statement

·
Registered
267 Posts
I got an email from a senior migration officer after the phone interview saying that my case has been positively assessed.

So, can I expect a grant soon or wait more?
Generally a "positive assessment" is a good sign.

Unless it's a medical assessment where they find that the patient is "positive" for some illness. just kidding.

(knock on wood)

It's good that you got advise from IMMI about a positive assessment. I don't recall receiving one after a phone call from my CO in the past.

I hope everything turns out well in your application.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can tell you that it is a common process that the Case Officer calls to interview the applicant for partner visas.
As long as the answers provided included the same information you guys already provided in the application and its supportive evidence this should be fine.
Moreover, as you said, you didn't hide anything, so I guess there is nothing to fear from.
Good luck

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Generally a "positive assessment" is a good sign.

Unless it's a medical assessment where they find that the patient is "positive" for some illness. just kidding.

(knock on wood)

It's good that you got advise from IMMI about a positive assessment. I don't recall receiving one after a phone call from my CO in the past.

I hope everything turns out well in your application.
The reply from SMO because my agent objected the type of questions being asked during the interview as some of it are not relevant to the relationship. So the agent wrote an email explaining to them and a senior officer got involved saying it is positively assessed.

It looks fine and hope to see a grant soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The reply from SMO because my agent objected the type of questions being asked during the interview as some of it are not relevant to the relationship. So the agent wrote an email explaining to them and a senior officer got involved saying it is positively assessed.

It looks fine and hope to see a grant soon.
Good on you that your agent is proactive. Ours is pretty useless and a bit too informal most of the time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Mish what kinds of questions do they usually ask?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.