Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Would greatly appreciate advice on this matter. I just graduated with Bachelor of Science (Marine Science) and intend to apply for Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) Post-Study Work stream.

One requirement for this stream is that students were granted their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011.

I did my college here in January 2010 - Dec 2010 under Student Visa Subclass 575 (Non-Award Sector). I was offered a place in University for Y2013 as I had to return home to do national service.

In June 2013, I came under Visa Subclass 573: Higher Education Sector to commence my studies and just graduated.

My question is whether I can apply under the Post-Study Work Stream?

Does the "first student visa to Australia" refer to only the higher education sector or all sectors?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The regulations refer to being granted a Class TU visa before 5/11/2011. Unfortunately for you, this includes the Subclass 575 visa. So you are not eligible to apply for the Subclass 485 Post Study Workstream visa.
Hi Jeremy,

Thank you very much for your clarification. In this case, I would have to apply under Graduate Work Stream.

As I graduated with a degree in Bsc. Sc in Marine Science, under nominated occupation from the SOL, do I qualify under MLTSSL 234516 Marine Biologist?

If yes, how do I apply for skills assessment in my nominated occupation when I just graduated with no work experience?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.