Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last year, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull announced the abolition of Visa 457, which allowed local business owners to employ skilled foreign workers in industries where the demand for their skills was unmet. The official line was that the move was part of the government's "Australia First initiative," as the said visa was sometimes being used to exploit cheap labor, thus leaving many Australians out of a job.

As an estimated 95,000 foreign workers were on Visa 457, there was a great deal of concern about their future. During that time, proposals on new regulations and requirements were still being put forward, so there was quite a bit of unease over how things would proceed.

Read more...

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I think you should disclose that this a concealed ad for "iRemit" instead of tricking people into clicking the link...I never use or recommend companies that do this sort of sneaky advertising.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
And yet you two have website links on your signatures.
Registered migration agents are allowed to include a link to their website as long as they have included it in their signature along with their MARA registration number.

From looking at your website, you are not a registered migration agent. If you will take the time to re-read the rules you agreed to when you signed up, you will see that unauthorized advertising is not allowed. If you would like to advertise your company's services, please contact ForumAdmin for the advertising fees.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
And yet you two have website links on your signatures.
Yes and we are upfront about being Registered Migration Agents and display our credentials as required under Australian law and the forum rules. We don't post pretend articles about visas with sneaky links to a commercial enterprise that has nothing to do with Australian migration per se.

You have form doing this and as I stated before, I will never use or recommend companies who engage in this sort of behaviour, as it seriously puts into question your ethics and integrity.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
And yet you two provide users here with the benifits of your extensive knowledge in migration law for free and as such have website links on your signatures instead of posting every couple of months for free advertising purposes as per the forum rules that I am about to go and reread.
I fixed your sentence for you.

On an unrelated note, from a straight talking Englishman, do us all favour...don't bother comeing back until you want to actually add value to this community, not just your pocket....

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Type a string of full stops, or anything else and select - colour white White - for text you do not want to show.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
My 9-year-old granddaughter taught me everything I know. She has an enterprise level HP server and a fast cable internet -

Some recent quotes from the child:

Minecraft would not run so I had to update the JavaScript runtime environment.

I had to stop windows 10 automatically updating, because it messes up some applications.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.