Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
New to the site, trying desperately to get the process started off applying for a temporary work visa, either 457 or 489 I believe are my options for up to four years of work. I've tried ringing the Australian visa authority in London on numerous occasions and repeatedly its engaged. I'm really confused as to what visa is the right one and where to begin. I am an Operating department practitioner living in the UK with 5 years experience. My husband is a floor layer with 16years experience. I am applying for jobs for us both at the moment with a view to sponsor us on the 457 visa. My assumption of the 489 visa is that it's the skilled migration visa and it appears that whilst out jobs are on the list their not in short supply. I'm completely confused and the Australian immigration website is very confusing hence why I just wanted to speak to an actual person to get some clarification. I assume we cannot apply for visas until we have actually obtained a job. We are hoping to settle in Brisbane as I have a cousin and aunt in that area. We have two children aged 1 and 7. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
There is a sticky on this forum Registered Migration Agents.

Contact one of them for an initial consultation - they are all very good.

The 457 visa is about to be abolished and replaced with something else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.