Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. xD

I am planning to cancel my Bridging visa A. and re-enter AUS with travel visa.



I am waiting for the AAT appeal for my 457 nomination, and holding a Bridging visa A.

However, I do not want to work for my employer anymore now, the result is nothing to me now.

I am planning to lodge a partner Visa on-shore ASAP and would need a travel visa to do it.



The tricky part is i don't want to waste time for canceling and waiting for IMMI to cancel my Bridging visa A.

i am planning to leave AUS directly and apply and ETA travel visa oversea and re-enter AUS with this.



Would it be possible to do this? any hidden issue i need to worry about ?



Cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
What if you don’t get the ETA? That’s quite likely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cathy48

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
i think
ETA is easy and can get it in a minute.
Maybe not so easy with a refusal and review in the system. You just can't be sure. There's only one way to find out...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Mate, any better suggestion?
Go and see a registered migration agent in your area and get them to explain options and potential consequences to you, so you can make an informed decision.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No condition 8503 on an ETA.
Talked with my agent. She gave me a suggestion like this:

Apply for Bridging Visa B and leave AUS first, and then apply the ETA oversea.

At least i still get the BVB to return if my ETA is failure.

Just a bit curious. is it possible to apply an visitor VISA while holding a BVB....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,918 Posts
Talked with my agent. She gave me a suggestion like this:

Apply for Bridging Visa B and leave AUS first, and then apply the ETA oversea.

At least i still get the BVB to return if my ETA is failure.

Just a bit curious. is it possible to apply an visitor VISA while holding a BVB....
Your agent has already answered that for you, by the sounds of it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Talked with my agent. She gave me a suggestion like this:

Apply for Bridging Visa B and leave AUS first, and then apply the ETA oversea.

At least i still get the BVB to return if my ETA is failure.

Just a bit curious. is it possible to apply an visitor VISA while holding a BVB....
If you have an agent, I suggest you follow her advice...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
a bit crazy for this option..

holding a BV B and apply to visitor ETA.

If i would IMMI, i would curious what's the true aim for this ETA..
It would be crazy to leave Australia without a BVB.

It would also be obvious that you want to return to Australia on a substantive visa, so you can lodge another application in Australia without being subject to schedule 3 requirements. This would require discretion on the part of a case officer, as most likely you would not be considered a "genuine visitor", especially with a refusal and an appeal in the system. I don't think the ETA system is able to excercise this discretion, which takes me back to all my previous comments....

Why not discuss this in detail with your agent?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It would be crazy to leave Australia without a BVB.

It would also be obvious that you want to return to Australia on a substantive visa, so you can lodge another application in Australia without being subject to schedule 3 requirements. This would require discretion on the part of a case officer, as most likely you would not be considered a "genuine visitor", especially with a refusal and an appeal in the system. I don't think the ETA system is able to excercise this discretion, which takes me back to all my previous comments....

Why not discuss this in detail with your agent?
Her advise is should be okay with a Passport in Low Risk Country, not sure is it true or not.

and what she said is leaving the country without BVB and put all the bet on ETA is very risky. No 2nd option to get back to AUS if ETA is rejected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,935 Posts
Waiting for an appeal of the 457 would seem that you have had a visa refused?

If this is the case a ETA would probable be refused, by the sound of things ETA's seem automated and the ones that require explanations and discretions - seem to be refused.

Then a Visitor Visa application is required and that can have the No Further Stay Condition attached.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Her advise is should be okay with a Passport in Low Risk Country, not sure is it true or not.

and what she said is leaving the country without BVB and put all the bet on ETA is very risky. No 2nd option to get back to AUS if ETA is rejected.
You're looking for the sort of re-assurance that no one can give you.

I agree with your agent. Leaving without a BVB would be very risky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're looking for the sort of re-assurance that no one can give you.

I agree with your agent. Leaving without a BVB would be very risky.
Yes, no one could tell me the assurance, just try to collect different options for this.

Well I can think of 2 potential issues.

1 - You get refused on re-entry as you are not a genuine tourist + 3 year ban

2 - You get NFS on your Visa and unable to apply for a Partner visa anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,608 Posts
Yes, no one could tell me the assurance, just try to collect different options for this.

Well I can think of 2 potential issues.

1 - You get refused on re-entry as you are not a genuine tourist + 3 year ban

2 - You get NFS on your Visa and unable to apply for a Partner visa anyway.
You can keep speculating about this until you're blue in the face.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top