Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends

This is my first post on this forum hoping to get a solution to the situation I am in. I am currently on 457 visa & my employer is terminating my employment due to mass redundancy Australia wide. I joined in May-2017 & will have to exit the company by Jan-18. I am spouse of a permanent resident but we couldn't apply for partner visa because 457 itself took a lot of time to process & by the time I received my final 457 visa in October, I already had some idea that I might be made redundant so I didn't apply for partner visa at that time. To my understanding, if I apply a partner visa in this scenario, the bridging visa associated with partner visa wouldn't kick off until the natural expiry of 457 visa. And, if I try to get the 457 visa cancelled manually, my bridging visa & possibly the whole partner visa application will get cancelled. Thinking of all this, I haven't yet applied for a partner visa. Can somebody please advise me what are the options that I have in this situation ? Can I apply for a tourist visa once my current employment ends here? Can I apply a spouse visa then ? I think 457 visa keeps reflecting in Vevo even after my employer has withdrawn the nomination. So, there's no point applying for spouse visa as I'll not have work rights & possibly stay rights also. My objective is to get stay & work rights as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Naina

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.