Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Skybluebrewer 
#1 ·
Good morning/afternoon,
Thank you for allowing me to join, me and the G/F are starting the proceedings to allow me (as a partner) a visa to join her in Australia.
as im sure many people have posted with the same issues i will have a look round the forums and see if the information is there before i post any questions.
We have joined a few facebook pages here and there but some of the information can be at best misleading ...
anyway, thank you again and we look forward to having a nosey round

Chris and Loraine

#2 ·
Good luck. Be wary of older threads as requirements often change in the immigration process. Things that applied just a few months ago may no longer apply now.

Also, the immigration website is a great place and is full of information related to partner visas. Often times, people are confused about something that is stated very clearly in black and white on the visa website, so bookmark it and read it often.

I had previously been in some fb groups as well and they're not very good. I've also seen flat out incorrect information that completely contradicts basic knowledge from other forums as well. In my experience, this forum is the best one for accurate information regarding partner visas. And with a large amount of members, often incorrect information is corrected by other peers and sources cited so you can verify the information yourself.

#3 ·
Thank you for your reply,
after reading about agents we have decided to try and go it alone, we contacted the Australian embassy and they said the first step was to get an immi account and fill in the information on there which we have basically done, just waiting for a few bits of information and then we can send that off, we are just wondering what happens next ?

thank you again
Chris

#7 ·
Yes, you'd do the online form. At the end of it, you have to pay the fee to submit and only then can you access the upload screen to submit supporting evidence. After paying the sponsor can also do the online form for sponsorship.

Best to gather your evidences and required items before you pay and submit as the app can get picked up at any time and you don't want them picking up yours and not having anything uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.