Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First time poster here with a question with regards to Temporay Graduate visa 485, post-study work stream.

I have just submitted my PhD thesis last week and is now looking for information about getting a new visa.

I was granted my first student visa to undertake a Master degree on April 2011. I graduated my Master, rested a little bit and started my PhD study with a brand new student visa on May 2014. Does this automatically eliminate my hope for getting a 485 visa through the post-study work stream since one of the requirement is "you applied for, and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011"?

I know on paper I don't have a chance, but since the student visa I am holding now is not an extension of the visa I got for my Master degree study, would I still be eligible for visa 485?

I cannot applied under the graduate work stream since they removed my occupation (life scientist) last year. The only way for me to legally work in Australia is to apply for the new TSS visa. And I am competing with other international/domestic graduates who does not need a employer sponsorship to work in Australia, which put me in huge disadvantage when looking for a job.

Do you think I have a chance and should go consult a migration agent or should I just accept that I am simply unlucky?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Temporay Graduate visa 485,

Yes, it does.
Hi!

I'm a PhD student at the moment in life sciences and will be completing soon. I am wondering if I am eligible for the 485 post study work stream as I did an exchange to Aus during 2009 for 6 months. Will that be considered my first student visa and takes away the opportunity to get the 485?

Please let me know!

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.