Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

This was a quick Idea for a thread for those of us who have been waiting an extremely long time for our visa decision.

The main reason was to create another thread for those of us who have been waiting longer the "90% are processed in 9 months" stated on the website. For me, the wait,pressure,worry,anxiety increases day by day and I just wanted to create a forum for us who have been waiting for such a long time.

This was just a thread to discuss what you feel about the process (as the other thread is a general one), how are you feeling about the wait? are you concerned that your application has gone stale? or has been forgotten? has it been worth it? I know that I have had all these thoughts.

This thread may not be a success but I believe there is a significant difference to the other one, as those guys who have for only a couple of months.......is different to us who have waited so long. Myself, I have been waiting over 12 months now, and have been advised by an agent that the wait may be up to another 6 months and to prepare myself for this... which I am not sure how I feel about that yet!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do we even know why it takes so much time? Whats the actual reason when some people are getting their 457 visas within 2-3 months?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi dear, thanks for making this topic up... somehow talking to someone who feels the same feels i am going through is a good way for understanding the long wait. Ive been waiting since May 18 2017... applied through an agent. Submitted all required documents as early as possible. I was so excited to work in Oz and prepared all my docs as quick as i can.. even packing my stuff..and so I waited.... weeks passed and one by one or two my batchmates(skills assessment) started to leave my country...and there was 3 of us left here waiting for the grant. We are under the same employer..according to my agent there was some issues from the employer’s side, that the immigration categorized the establishment that is not qualified to sponsor such visa. They made an appeal and since then they asked us to wait further.... i got an update last April 12, 2018 on my immi account but no details on what really was updated. The wait is very frustrating. Everyday I wanted to convince myself that theres a purpose for this long wait. I am now going through depression but still theres hope. How soon, no one knows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I remember there was an issue with 457s being given to fast-food workers and similar industries, apparently they don't really allow that anymore.. might want to see if your industry is effected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for creating this thread. On 15 June, I will reach one year of waiting. I’m in Australia now and still work with Briding visa A until visa’s decision. I understand your feeling. I used to think negative side of result because I have waited so long. Anyway, if anyone applies onshore, we still work until visa decision, even if get negative result we still have solution. Now I just try to ignore and focus on working. Hopefully we will get good result soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do u guys have idea if your nominations have been approved? I was thinking its the reason visa decision is taking so much time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.