Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Now that the dust (and surprise) has somewhat settled, my wife and I had a few more questions in relation to our recent grant. Hoping we might be able to get some advice/direction (or clarity) on these.

Permanent Visa s.c 100. I understand that I am eligible for this two years after the date I lodged my application. To me, that's easy, it's the 12th of Feb 2020. We've already started to collect new evidence for that portion of the visa (tenancy agreement in AU, paying for my wife to transition from worker to visitor in Canada) and we will store and keep that stuff.

Obviously we can't upload any of that just yet as the eligibility for the s.c 100 is years away. But my question is this - Do I still use my current immi account to upload and send evidence to the department, or do I have to create a new one?

Perhaps I'm answering my own question here, but it seems to me that I would start a new application, select the s.c 100, link it to my 309 application/grant and upload from there. Is that somewhat accurate?

Also, if that is the case, does it open up things like uploading documents etc?

Second, at some point we are going to bring the kids over. They're kids from a previous relationship and their mother has already OK'd them coming to Australia when we are established. That may be 6, 8 or 12 months down the line. I understand that we would need to apply for a s.c 445 visa for them.

Gathering documents is not an issue as we have almost everything for that as it is, I guess what I'm wondering is can we again use the same immi account to open a new application for s.c 445 and lodge it through there?

Or, because my wife has to sponsor them as well, does she need to have her own immi account for the s.c 445?

Thanks everyone. Let me know if you need more info.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I just throw evidence in a box as we go (we call it the black box) and I'll organize it all when the time comes. Obviously you can't upload anything until around the time of eligibility.

Your visa has been finalized in your immi account but you can still update immigration with your address and contact information. We recently moved and I was able to do so even though my app was finalized. Do this when you move.

Yes, when eligible there is an online form (2nd stage) that you create in your immi account. You fill that out and then you get the upload screen like always. Sponsor just uploads a statement, no online form.

Yes you can use your immi account for other applications as well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just curious, why didn't you include them in the original app? Would have been cheaper.
Yeah, it would have been much cheaper, but the timing wasn't right. They're mother is traveling with them this summer into the school year (in Canada) and we need to set up shop there first.

Reactions: Skybluebrewer

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Word of advice, when they do come over, be sure they bring an official printed document of their immunizations. I got one through my state in the US and it made it simple to just give that one document to the staff at our doc office to transfer my kid's records into the Australian immunisation registry and get him updated on any vaccines recommended here but not in the US (e.g., meningococcal).

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Word of advice, when they do come over, be sure they bring an official printed document of their immunizations. I got one through my state in the US and it made it simple to just give that one document to the staff at our doc office to transfer my kid's records into the Australian immunisation registry and get him updated on any vaccines recommended here but not in the US (e.g., meningococcal).
That is great advice! Thanks, Sky.

Not an anti-vaxxer! Haha, no way! Those kids are all up to date.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Thats lucky, we just got to know you, seeing you banned for poor life choices would suck ;P
lololol. If only we could! :p

Reactions: Skybluebrewer

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats lucky, we just got to know you, seeing you banned for poor life choices would suck ;P
Hahaha! Nah, I was always on those vaccination dates like a fat kid on cup cake.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You do need to have the immunisation record and be up to date of mandatory vaccinations for Australia to receive the Family Tax Benefits end of year balance payment.

My middle child was one short until Tuesday.

Since I didn't work much of the last tax year, should get around $15,000 in a few months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.