Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Just wondering if everybody is using an immigration lawyer? They seem very expensive, so does anybody have any advice? Anyone apply without a lawyer?

Thanx :)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi there Dakota,

There are a lot of people who apply for visas without the need for a lawyer or agent. Although the visa criteria are very confusing and applying is time consuming, many people get their visas successfully on their own.

Getting an agent or lawyer could be an option if you don't have time to manage the paper work yoursellf, or if you have a 'difficult' case i.e. you have a health or character issue that could cause your application to be rejected.

Tell us about what visa you're interested in and we may be able to give you some more specific information or advice :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Dakota,

There are a lot of people who apply for visas without the need for a lawyer or agent. Although the visa criteria are very confusing and applying is time consuming, many people get their visas successfully on their own.

Getting an agent or lawyer could be an option if you don't have time to manage the paper work yoursellf, or if you have a 'difficult' case i.e. you have a health or character issue that could cause your application to be rejected.

Tell us about what visa you're interested in and we may be able to give you some more specific information or advice :)
Hi again :)
I´m planning to apply for a skilled independent visa, and to bring my family with me. I have a de facto and a 1 year old son.
I have a four year teaching degree from my home country, a masters degree in education from the University of Queensland, and an unfinished masters in commerce from UQ as well. Lived in Brisbane for 2,5 years, 2003-2005.

The reason for applying for the skilled visa is that in order to teach in Australia you have to be a permanent resident.
As far as I can see I have no special issues that could cause any problems and I have no problem with the time spent filling out papers. I have a steady job here and I´m in no rush :)

So what kind of advice or important information could be useful for me? How important is my de facto´s education and work experience? Will it make it easier or more difficult having a son?

Not quite sure what other questions to ask yet, as I haven´t gotten very far in my planning yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.