Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to understand how this works in reality.

If I apply for a 820 visa onshore which then means about 24 months possibly on bridging visa A, do you have to be prepared for minimal travel abroad during this waiting time?

At the moment my partner and me travel a lot. I have a property in another country (my previous home before I met my Australian partner) and we now use that as a holiday home and we must check on that property at least twice a year minimum. We also have holidays abroad every few months. And my Australian partner's elderly mother also lives abroad.

Do we need to curb travels during the waiting time ?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
No, but you will need to apply for a BVB when you want to travel, so you need to factor the processing time and cost into your travel plans.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I had a look at the form online last night. They seem to want to know about each specific trip and steering towards short trips away?

If we were going to spend say 5 weeks away and during that time go to (1) country A to check property, (2) country B to have holiday, can you submit that in one go?

Our current life is a bit different to most as my partner works FIFO so tends to get his holidays in big chunks. I am retired so have all the time in the world thankfully.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I regularly get 3 or 6 month BVB's approved for clients making multiple overseas trips.

You could have multiple reasons (family visit, property, holidays) for a single trip. I can't see too much of an issue, but you should never take anything for granted in this business.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Nick. So... just needs careful planning in advance then, and not book flights etc till approved. OK think we can do that for a couple of years no worries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.