Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have worked 6 months full time at a salaried position in Queensland, and have accumulated 10 days of vacation pay.

I recently gave notice at this job to accept another position and at this point I have not used up even one of my accrued vacations days.

Is my current employer obligated to pay me out for these 10 days of accumulated vacation or are these days essentially lost?

Thanks and kind regards,

DRz

·
Registered
10 Posts
My understanding is that he has to pay. Don't forget you should get holiday loading on top too (used to be 17%...but that was many years ago...can anyone else confirm?)

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
My understanding is that he has to pay. Don't forget you should get holiday loading on top too (used to be 17%...but that was many years ago...can anyone else confirm?)
You're entitled to your annual leave and there's a Wageline number you'll find under the contact heading - http://www.wageline.qld.gov.au/leaveentitlements/annual_leave.html
but as to the 17.5% I'm not sure how the situation lies with that given changes of recent years, current situation since 01.01.10 not having a reference.
Annual leave and a number there at top right of page.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.