Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of yesterday, my fiancee and I have submitted the last two items for our complete s/c 309 application. We each added the history and development of the relationship statement and I added the evidence of the contact between us while she still lived in Australia.

We even did the police and medical checks. I know we run the risk of having to do these again, but we had the money and the time, so why not?

Our immi page says last updated 12 Feb 2018, so it doesn't reflect the uploads front last night. I'm assuming that's normal.

So, do we just wait for an email from the department or notification on our immi account? Is that all there is to do?

I also just wanted to extend a big thank you to those who take the time to frequent these forums and share their knowledge and experience. Whether you're an RMA or just someone from Wollongong, Cairns or Ontario who has been through the ups and downs of the process, your advice, chats and posts have gone a long way to helping us complete and submit an application that we are so happy and proud of.

Thanks to everyone who does what they do. Now it's time to pay it forward and help those (where I can) that need help.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Yep. Just sit back and wait.

Word of advice, I checked my immi account every day during the wait for the 300. Don't. There's no reason to. Just let it go, relax, go on with your life and maybe check it once in awhile in case you missed the email.

After applying the 820/801, I did that and life was a lot easier. Checked my email and grant was just there one day.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Just sit back and wait.

Word of advice, I checked my immi account every day during the wait for the 300. Don't. There's no reason to. Just let it go, relax, go on with your life and maybe check it once in awhile in case you missed the email.

After applying the 820/801, I did that and life was a lot easier. Checked my email and grant was just there one day.
Yeah, I think that's what I will do. My fiancee said not to check more than twice a day. So far, so good.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It helps seeing progress, and hearing similar stories to your own.
I would rather they (CO’s) be able to perform their duties without much interruption imho. It’s good to know they can focus on what they have to to properly whittle away at the pile.

The only piece that has me scratching my head still is the idea that the applications are processed in the order they are received. Likely by Country/office received but it’s a little vague and like others have posted... it’s baffling to see some locations pumping them out while others wait on the bench... but more important, our turn will surface :)

Thank you aswell Eh? It’s been good working through this process with ya.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Eh,
As Skybluebrewer said there is no need to check your account every day.
The usual process is to receive directly an email from the immigration to confirm that your visa has been granted. However it happened that emails have not been received, therefore you need to check your immi account once in a while, perhaps every 2/3 weeks only.
Best of luck!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Well that was no short process - I see your join date was August 17 to this forum and from memory back then you were going to submit in a few weeks, but just wanted some clarity on a few things. LOL.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that was no short process - I see your join date was August 17 to this forum and from memory back then you were going to submit in a few weeks, but just wanted some clarity on a few things. LOL.
Short? Oh no, far from it. The plan was to submit by September, then it was October, then November and so on and so on. Man, how naive were we? Thanks to everyone here, it saved us from potentially making a $7,000 donation.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing I've noticed is that our application has updated. We uploaded the last documents just recently and it still doesn't say updated with the date we uploaded those.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Uploading documents doesn't count as an update. It's when DHA makes any changes to status etc. as far as I know. Our "last updated" date never changed between when the application status changed from "submitted" to "received" until the visa was granted, and we uploaded documents over a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Uploading documents doesn't count as an update. It's when DHA makes any changes to status etc. as far as I know. Our "last updated" date never changed between when the application status changed from "submitted" to "received" until the visa was granted, and we uploaded documents over a couple of months.
Ah ok, thanks. That makes sense. My application says received and my fiancee's says submitted. I've read that hers will stay as submitted through the process.

·
Registered
814 Posts
More than likely, yes. My sponsor app never changed from Submitted till the day it was approved (the same day my husband's visa was granted, which never changed from Received until that day either).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.